Tuesday, January 08, 2008

boars ard in this co.

cant rem if i have written this incident. Anyway tdy 2nd meeting with them again. So it spurred me to write (or rewrite).

That fatal day,likely 1st or 2nd day aft NY, had meeting with Operations & Retail division. There were a Director, 2 Snr Mgr, my boss (also Snr Mgr) and peer and myself in the meeting.

It din start off well as expectd. Operations will alway hate Marketing ppl as we are supposingly a constant pain to them. The more we think the more they need to work.

I cant really disclose tooo much details here. The unpleasant incident happened after boss left to see CFO. CFO called him.

Without boss ard, my colleauge and esp me became their main target. It was my project so i got to bear all the hurlings. It became unbearable when one of the Snr Mgr pointed his finger and yelled at me ' u think so easy, u come n do it, i refuse to do' He rattled sth like that. Really thought he had gone too far with the finger pointing and the yelling. U should hear his tone. Hence being a small fry now, i drop my pen and told him 'it's fine, might as well dun do the whole project'. He was abit shock i think cos he did not yell back. My action was clear to him. If he as Snr Mgr said he REFUSED to do it, i will take it and jus report accordingly. Only recalled he said 'i never say dun do the whole project' but i thought that voice was so faint haaaaaa.

The Director gave a look and perhap think i m bad with PR and screw up the negotiation.

Nevertheless i have my stand. He gave many lame excuses and finally with that hurling. So really lah, we cannot force others to do thing they dun like. Especially he is sooooooo high post hence i will jus take back what he said.

It was abit effective at least for that moment. Later the negotiation went on with better note.

Did reported to my boss about my reaction. i think he hack care. But i insisted to write him the minutes and reflect all the resistences. This is to protect him and myself that if the sales is not good, it was because the Operations refused to do this and that.

It was really eye opening. Back in PA, being operational personnels, we will never say we REFUSE to do but we will attack on the plannign and execution and seek clarification and voice improvements. Here, ppl give many lame excused to REFUSE to do.

Actually all functions need to work together. If marketing does not come out with gimmick and capture customers, Operations is likely to cease sooner or later without customer. Of cos, marketing must also hear out the operational issues. Both need each other and must work together. However it is with great misfortune that many do not see that. N it is the weak culture that fail to bond the functions. N overall who is the culprit?????

No comments: